Virtual Worlds in Education: April 2010
How can we use Virtual Worlds in education?
1. Avatar Customisaton: Users can customise their own appearance and can even make their own clothing.
2. Communication: Users can communicate in-world via a number of different methods including the chat facility.
3. Share Digital Resources: Users can access resources whilst in-world such as images, music, movies and web sites.
4. Building: Users can access a range of building tools to create everything from basic shapes to more advanced structures.
5. Learning Paths: Teachers can even create Learning Paths with various activities for their students via The Pathways In-World LMS.
6. Online Collaboration: A range of tools are also available for users to encourage online communication and collaboration.